Re: The Strange Case Of The Installed Yet Uninstalled Package

On Friday 03 January 2003 09:10, Lionel Barrow uttered:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/whichcd/

> One other thing, I noticed that you are both a MCSE and RHCE. How much
> do you use either in your day to day business? I am most interested in
> RHCE as I have been thinking about becoming certified. Thanks in
> advance.

Well, I got the MCSE a few years back, right after I got out of college for NT
admin.  It's for nt 4.0.  Shortly afterward, I found this "Linux" thing, and
I was hooked ever since.  Unfortunately, it's difficult to get a job where
your only experience was tinkering in your living room, so I persued
certification.  Red Hat seemed like it had the best program, so I attended
the class and got the cert.  I'm currently interviewing for a customer
support position, where I will deal with Red Hat servers and workstations,
possibly in a heterogeneous environment, where I will have to apply both my
specific Red Hat knowledge, and my now general Windows knowledge.

To be quite honest, the RHCE was more to get me into the interview, or instill
confidence in my customers.  I already knew the stuff, and _I_ knew I knew
the stuff, but I had to get something to offset the lack of "Professional"
experience.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: