Removing all gnome "stuff"

I am still a little new at this so excuse the potentially dumb
question. I searched the archive and was unable to find out what I
needed to do to switch from gnome (actually replace) to KDE for my
desktop. This is what I ended up doing:

- I installed all of (I think) KDE.
- I used switchdesk to switch to use KDE.
- I now have KDE working fine.  I may have missed some modules, but I
can get those over time. I have installed:
     kdelibs
     kdebase
     kdeadmin
     kdenetwork-libs
     kdetoys

- I saw on one list of "things KDE needs" the package 'kdesupport'.
Is that still used?

- I want to remove all trace of gnome - purely for saving disk space.
- I ran commands like:

    rpm -qa | grep gnome

to find RPMs that were there for gnome.  I tried some RPM commands
like :

	rpm -evv --verify gnome-xyz

to do tests to see if the package gnome-xyz was in use.  If they were
not, I removed the --verify and removed the package.

I was able to clean up a lot of stuff and still had a working system,
but I find that there are still several RPMs that are referencing
things like libsgnome.  If I had never selected Gnome during the RH
8.0 install, would there still be some RPMs that have the word
'gnome' in them installed on my system?  My system is still
relatively new so I really could rebuild it.  I could rebuild it and
then only chose KDE.  Is that the best way to make sure I am
minimizing "wasted" or "unused software" on my machine?

That was kind of a rambling question so .... in summary...  How can I
be sure I have removed as much as possible of the gnome software? I
only gave myself 5GB for my Linux stuff so I do not want to waste
any.  I will be using this for a development box to do Java
servlet/Apache/Tomcat type development and I think that space will be
at a premium once I get that stuff installed.

Thanks,
Dave

--
Entropy is not what is used to be.