Re: /usr at 100%

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 08:55, Javier Gostling wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 06:34:49AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
> > partition is 3 GB and I have removed all unnecessary kernels but I would
> > love to know if there are any other likely candidates for removal to
> > create a little extra space in the event that I want to install any new
> > stuff on this. I have this machine slated for reformat in the next 6
> > months but I'd like to have some working space on this in the meantime.
>
> It seems that your best shot would be to move some part from /usr to
> another filesystem and symlink it. Good candidates for this are
> /usr/local, /usr/share and /usr/X11R6.
>
> Cheers,

as a start you may be able to find some large files that may have
slipped your notice

find /usr -xdev -size +5192k

It will give you the full path to files that are, in the above example,
over 5Mb in size.
You can adjust the size of the search string in increments of 1024k up
or down.

pay particular attention to/usr/src/

--
Tony Placilla   anthony_placilla@suth.com