Adding an 80G Seagate IDE drive....

Hi...

A (what I thought should be) simple issue. I'm trying to add an 80G Seagate
IDE drive to a RedHat 8.0 Linux Server. I already have a 9G SCSI installed.
I used the defaults during the initial installation.

I want to install 8.0 on the 9G SCSI, and use the 80G IDE as a tmp/working
drive....

I've tried to install 8.0, then add the 80G. The system gave a series of
errors during the startup after I added the 80G drive. It appeared to go
into an in determinate state!!!

I've tried to configure the two drives during the install with no real luck.
It appears to actually load up linux and format the 80G drive, but when it
tries to reboot, it displays "Li" on the screen in a continuous fashion....

I'm reasonably certain that this can be done, so I believe I've missed
something/screwed something up that's fairly trivial....

Any help/assistance would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net