Re: How do I edit the menu and add "known applications"?

At 03:39 AM 12/28/2002 -0500, Michael Knepher <limbo@bluethingy.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 08:00, Stanley A. Klein wrote:
>> How can I edit the menu and add "known applications" to the drop-down list
>> in the Run dialogue?
>
>For the first part, see http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html
>
>For the second, click where it says > Known Applications, and a window
>will expand with a list of apps.

Thanks for the tutorial on the first item.

On the second item, the window/drop-down list of "known applications" only
appears to include applications "known" to the menu system or somehow
registered to Gnome.

How do I add an application to the list?  Do I need to edit it into the
menu system? Or, is there a list maintained somewhere of applications that
are known but not on the menu?

Stan Klein