From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@charter.net>
To: redhat list <redhat-list@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: new kernel
Date: 24 Dec 2002 12:26:23 -0500

Has anybody successfully used the NVidia rpm's with either the
2.4.18-18.8.0 kernel or the newest one?

TIA,

Jim

On Tue, 2002-12-24 at 11:26, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

On 24 Dec 2002, greg wrote:

How do I uninstall the old ones before installing the new ones Matthew?
By uninstalling the old ones, will the old kernel be rendered unusable?
To uninstall, do I just rpm -e NVIDIA*. Will that work?
regards Greg

Actually, I never tried the wildcard, but I don't think so. "rpm -e
NVIDIA_kernel NVIDIA_GLX" should work. I'm pretty sure you can rpm -U the
kernel, but the GLX one needs to be rpm -e. It moves some installed
files out of the way, and if you update, it will overwrite the ones it
backed up.