Re: Red Hat Linux 8.0 with high latency networks

Steven Mugassa wrote:
Hi there!

I have installed Red Hat Linux 8.0 in a computer that is to be a server in a high latency network. The problem i am getting is that a client PC can not ftp from that server. So, is this the problem of Red Hat Linux 8.0? Does it have problems with high latency networks? When i used Windows 2000 servers there was no such problem. So, I need a piece of an advice from you guys.

Regards,
Steven
Be sure that Red Hat's firewall isn't blocking inbound connections. As root type "service iptables stop" then test it. If it works then you may want to disable the firewall because it may probably interfere with FTP connections without more elaborate iptables connection tracking that I think Red Hat's default tools doesn't configure. You can disable it permanently with "chkconfig iptables off".