Re: Macromedia Flash plugin 6 released for x86 Linux

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Kevin McConnell wrote:

> --- "William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123"
> > I haven't been bitten by that one yet, but you'd be
> > surprised how many
> > sites use Javascript.  Lynx doesn't handle that at
> > all.  The Gnome
> > Accessibility Project is coming along, so I should
> > be OK with JS and
> > possibly Flash, eventually.
>
> But my point being that, we all know you wouldn't be
> very happy if you went and visited a site that you
> couldn't know what was going on simply because
> everything there was graphical. I'm an old schooler
> who believes that the internet wasn't really created
> for sales and pictures, but more for the distribution
> of information... useful information at that.
>

> =====
Ah, ya wanna know how I *feel* about the fact that much of the web
is inaccessible?  How much fun it is to get a windoze using friend <grrr>
to submit patches to Bugzilla for me?  Suffice it to say that it pulls a
hard vacuum.  Hard enough to create a black hole!
 -- Bill in Denver