RE: RedHat Book Recommendation

>Message: 7
>Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:55:30 -0500
>From: "Mark Hoover" <mhoover@nps.k12.va.us>
>To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
>Subject: RedHat Book Recommendation

<snip>

>I'm hoping that there's somebody out there in this group that could >give me some good recommendations on some books that might help her >out. I'd ideally like to find something that will help her (an >absolute beginning to Linux) learn how to use linux effectively as well >as something that could be used as a >reference manual afterwards.

I *HIGHLY* recommend the "Red Hat Linux 8 Bible" by Christopher Negus. The huge size (1063 pages) may intimidate her, but IMHO, it is truly an excellent book. Something like having a "guru" by your side, to help you. I'm a "Newbie", but I believe when I know a lot more than I do today about Linux, this book will still be a valuable companion.

As I recall, when I did a search for "Linux" on Amazon.com it was the best selling book in their list. There's a reason for that! If they publish it in Spanish, I'm going to buy a copy for my wife.

HTH, Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America