Problem Connecting via SSH

I can connect from a Win2K PC using SSH to my RH 8 Linux box and I have
full access to my Linux system including tunneled X connections that
work fine on my Win2K machine.

My problem is that after 10-15 minutes of use, I lose all connectivity
from the Win2K to the RH 8 machine.  From the Win2K PC I can't even ping
the RH machine - however the Win2K machine still has full access to all
other systems on my network.  On the RH 8 machine, If I stop and start
iptables via the use of /etc/init.d/iptables I then have full access
from my Win2k machine to the Linux machine for another 10-15 minutes.
The problem then repeats itself.

The secure log file does not indicate that anything is wrong other than
noting the dropped connection from SSH.  The SSHD running on the RH 8
machine is running with the default configuration options.

Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated.