Re: Wanted: Rawhide kernel

On 21 Dec 2002, Zaphod wrote:

> Pardon me for an incredibly stupid question, but where is the rawhide
> kernel?  Is it a "kernel-source" RPM somewhere?  I can't find it
> anywhere on Red Hat's ftp sites or mirrors.  Specifically I want to play
> with the latest XFree86 stuff (Mike Harris are you out there?), which
> requires the latest kernel from Rawhide.

There isn't one at present. Rawhide (or at least the publically accessible
one) isn't guaranteed to be a consistent distribution, and packages often
go missing while in the process of being updated (a quick check of a
mirror shows rawhide currently has around 1000 packages, a full
distribution tends to have more like 1400). If the latest 8.0 updates
aren't recent enough, you could try hunting on ftp://people.redhat.com/
which sometimes has test versions of packages, or wait for the kernel
packages to reappear on rawhide.

	Michael Young