Re: Problem with redhat-config-date

Art Wagner wrote:

I have a fresh install of 8.0 and am having problems with redhat-config-date crashing. The error always seems to be the same
and produces the attached error message. One point that baffels me is that ocasionally it works (1 out of 20 trys).
I have setup nntp and it is running and keeping my network's clocks synced to the master which is the new RH 8.0 system.
I'll gladly provide any forther info required but the ltrace and straces
are too large to post here.
One thing you can try is removing (or renaming) your /etc/sysconfig/clock file. I was having problems w/ redhat-config-date crashing (although the error message was different in my case), and found out that there was a setting there that made no sense. Once I removed the file, redhat-config-date wrote a new (and correct) replacement.

Good luck,
Rich

--
From the Desktop of Rich Renomeron
How did a fool and his money GET together?