Re: Apache SSL on Red Hat 8

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 01:04, Jason Dale wrote:
> Hi List ,
>
> I am running an Apache web server ( httpd-2.0.40-11 ) on Red Hat Linux
> 8.
> I have recently finished configuring name-based virtual hosts , and I
> have recently
> noticed that when I restart my machine , apache does not seem to start
> properly.
> Here is what is in my boot log : ( The node name of the server is
> blackhawk )

acording to the Red Hat  reference documentation you must specify a
valid dns name for all virtual Hosts  binding them to a IP address  in
your case you are not binding your secure host to an ip so it is failing
in intialization as it is setup as a virtual host by default  look at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html it also states
<Quote>
To use name-based virtual hosting, you must designate the IP address
(and possibly port) on the server that will be accepting requests for
the hosts.
</Quote>

So if you wish to use ssl then you need to set it up correectly if not
comment out the ssl virtual host and you will be ok

Dennis

<snip>
--
Dennis Gilmore <dennis@dgilmore.net>