Re: RE: Can not create RAID 5 partition for install

No just graphical. I've tried Redhat 7.3 and 8.0 both keep giving me the
same errors.

I found that the BIOS on this older system (BX Intel Board) was acting
funny on the install (druid) and that the first two hard drives were
listed using LBA, and the third drive was listed using real
cylinder/head count (CHS right?). I moved everything to CHS in the BIOS
and at least the cylinders are now correct with all drives in druid.

I also tried setting up the partitions and rebooting, that does not
work either. Same error about being unable to read the partition table
on each hard drive.

I tried modifying my setup slightly, again 3 total drives.

/boot in a RAID 1 with a hotspare partition
swap in a RAID 1 with a hotspare partition
/ with everything else in a RAID 5 using the same drives

I looked at the 8.0 docs, and does have few tips, but nothing seemed to
work for me.

What am I missing?

Can I not mix RAID 1 and RAID 5??

Would FDISK actually work better for me???

Many thanks,
Justin

>>> "Vik Heyndrickx" <vik.heyndrickx@pandora.be> 12/18 4:30 AM >>>

May I guess; you did the text install, didn't you? That one is
definitely
broken as it concerns RAID. The X install worked for me fine, though.

--
Vik