Re: xmms

>From: "Craig Toenes" <mobyg2@yahoo.com>

> I installed arts and the 2rpms suggested for xmms. I
> can
> bring it up, but I can't get it to load my streaming
> audio station. I thought mabey it was the security
> settings, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It has
> the address in it but it doesn't load up and play.
>
>                 Craig

Was one of those 2 suggested rpms an mp3 plugin?  Your radio station
might broadcast in mp3, and since Red Hat doesn't play mp3 by default,
you'll need to get the plugin.  Freshrpms.net has the plugin.

Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net
Mondo DevTeam (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: