Re: Looking for dock/undock utility

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

IBM fully supports Linux up and down its server line, but not its
laptops. I'm looking for a a dock/undock utility for RH8 that will let
me disconnect/reconnect my Thinkpad A22p laptop from/to its full docking
station (not port replicator). There is a logic-controlled latch in the
dock that locks my laptop in place until it is (a) completely powered
down, or (b) logically undocked.

The profiles in "neat" are a start this way. I don't know how to detect the insertion in your doc. Since it is is a hotplug event, it has a lot in common with PCMCIA cards--try that as a research thread.

Alan