Display problems after Update to mozilla 1.2.1-0_rh8_xft

I read on the list that an update to mozilla 1.2.1-0_rh8_xft and galeon
1.2.7-7.x.1 didn't cause any problems for people here and decided to to
so.

Now there is a (little) problem for me: starting mozilla causes several
small colored strips on the main of my two monitors. They appear
arbitrary on the desktop, inside windows and on the KDE panel. If I can
initiate a repaint by moving the window out of the desktop area and back
again, the strips vanish.

Does anybody else experienced such a problem and does anybody know how
to solve?

my system: Matrox G400 dual head xinerama (with the Matrox binary hal
driver, because the XFree drivers don't support dual head for the G400)
plain RH 8 smp and otherwise up2date.

Peter