Re: ok to upgrade RH8 to Mozilla 1.2.1?

Around about 15/12/2002 20:53, Havoc Pennington typed ...
It's not missing a lot of features. I had some trouble with some
1.2/Xft builds that over time they would get very slow, and you'd have
to quit and restart. I haven't had that problem so far with the 1.3a
Xft build (though 1.3 is also an alpha/beta thing, I haven't seen an
issue with it so far).
Now we're onm the subject: any decent pointers to XFT config./options anyone knows about?

I've managed to get a pretty good set up by adding all my xfs dirs. to /etc/fonts/fonts.conf (akin to but better than the occasionally mentioned 'copy Win TTF fonts into ~/.fonts') but I'm struggling to understand the mapping of these fonts to the names that appear in Moz's fonts dialogue.

And how does XFT work if you're using a remote server whose font dirs. the client app. can't see?

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature