RE: DLink DFE-530TX

I've had problems with a D-Link DFE-530TX+ Rev.D2 under Mandrake recently.
Under the recently released Mandrake MNF firewall, the installation assigns
the 8193too module to the card.  The system had 3 identical cards in it, and
I could assign a static IP to any card and use it fine, but none of them
would get an address using dhcp - either through my cable modem or my own
local dhcp server.  I replaced one of the cards with a Netgear FA310 and it
worked fine.

I haven't tried one of these cards under RH9 yet.  Could be a non
distro-specific driver problem.

Sincerely,
Jim Hubbard

              .--.