Re: Mozilla silently omits HTML graph

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 05:46:35PM -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2002, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 13:10, David A. De Graaf wrote:
> > > There's a show-stopper in RH 8.0 for me that I haven't seen discussed.
> > > Mozilla and galeon display incorrectly my Schwab account web page.
> > > A little graph of stock prices is missing.  As far as I can tell, this
> > > is an "HTML Advanced Chart", but there's no error message, or any
> > > indication that this critical part of the web page cannot be shown.
> > > Two screenshots of the same page with mozilla and netscape are at:
> > >     http://datix.2y.net/mozilla/mozilla.png
> > >     http://datix.2y.net/mozilla/netscape.png
> >
> > >From the screenshots, the missing bit looks more like an image than
> > anything else.  If you want to diagnose this, I'd recommend viewing the
> > HTML that the lower frame is composed of, and search for "bigchart.com",
> > which may be where the image is loaded from.  Try to determine what's
> > wrong with the image tag (maybe it's outside of the <td> tags, and
> > invalid).  If you can't tell what's wrong, save the HTML and show it to
> > someone who might know.
>
> One thing to check is the setting of Preferences -> Privacy -> Images.  I
> don't recall what the default is, but if the images are being loaded from
> a different server than the page, you need to have "accept all images"
> set.  Another site where this is an issue is Mapquest.
>
> --
> 		Matthew Saltzman
>
> Clemson University Math Sciences
> mjs@clemson.edu
> http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

You have diagnosed the problem perfectly.
I had, indeed, limited accepting images from the current or originating
server.  When I changed it to accept all images, the problem vanishes
in both mozilla and galeon.

Mozilla and galeon have this in slightly different places:
Mozilla:
  Preferences | Privacy | Images;  Choose "Accept all images"
Galeon:
  Preferences | Filtering | Image Loading;  Choose "Always load"

Thank you, Matthew Saltzman, and the others who responded.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad@datix.2y.net    (828) 696-8646;  fax (828) 694-1037