Re: updating /etc/fstab failed

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Gerry Tool wrote:

> If you are using kudzu to mount devices, it may have failed, usually
> because it has created duplicate lines in /etc/fstab for cdrom drives.
> I have removed the kudzu lines and replaced them with
>
> /dev/scd0              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0
> /dev/scd1             /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0
>
> to get rid of similar behaviour.  I've had perfect behaviour since doing so.

I am indeed using kudzu, but I do not see duplicate entries.  I have a DVD
drive and a CD-RW, which both seem to be correct as far as I can tell.
Here is what my /etc/fstab looks like:

LABEL=/              /                 ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot          /boot             ext3    defaults        1 2
none                 /dev/pts          devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/hda1            /nt               vfat    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc1            /ntback           vfat    defaults        0 0
none                 /proc             proc    defaults        0 0
none                 /dev/shm          tmpfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=/tmp           /tmp              ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/hdd2            swap              swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom           /mnt/cdrom        iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0             /mnt/floppy       auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/sda4            /mnt/zip          auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom1          /mnt/cdrom1       udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

Any other thoughts?

TIA,
Brian

bts@sdf.lonestar.org