Re: updating /etc/fstab failed

Brian Schmidt wrote:
I'm not really sure what I should be looking at to figure out what's going
on since I've not encountered this before (and a Google search didn't seem
to help much), so hopefully someone here can help.

Recently, I'm getting a message that updating /etc/fstab failed during
boot.  What might cause this and how might I correct it?  Nothing seems to
be out of working order due to it as far as I can tell.  But I don't like
seeing a big red FAILED when I boot my machine.  :)

If you are using kudzu to mount devices, it may have failed, usually because it has created duplicate lines in /etc/fstab for cdrom drives. I have removed the kudzu lines and replaced them with

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0
/dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom1 iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0

to get rid of similar behaviour. I've had perfect behaviour since doing so.

--
gerry
_____