Re: Joystick with Psyche?

Kitesmurf wrote:

Hello,

I'm using RH8 and a MS Precision Pro joystick connected with the
joystick port of my SB Live! card. As far as I know, RH8 already comes
compiled with joystick support. However, it doesn't seem to recognize my
joystick. Do I have to configure anything else to get it to work?
According to the joystick readme, it is supported. My best guess would
be that the joystick port is closed, not sure though. Question: if so,
how do I open it?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm pretty new to Linux, my apologies if
I have merely overlooked a small detail.

Login to a console as root and do:
'modprobe input'
'modprobe hid'
'modprobe joydev' OR
'modprobe -l|grep joystick'
Put these lines at the end of /etc/rc.local:
modprobe joydev
modprobe analog

My joystick is the Logitech Wingman Rumblepad.

... HTH and cheers,

Elton Woo ;-)

--
elwoo@videotron.ca - ICQ #149608718 (Montreal, Quebec, CANADA).
LINUX Reg'd User #193975 - AMD Athlon CPU on board.