RE: Hostname help

--- Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:
> huh?
>
> what router?

I just got a Netgear MR314 Cable/DSL router for an early X-mas gift.

> who them?
> most importantly, what are you trying to do that you can't do?
> Communicate? I'm sure you can communicate...did you try ping?

Your right I can communicate I can ping and SSH and get the webpage using ip
addresses but hostnames will not work from my windows box to my linux box. I
just tried and I can ping windows from linux using hostname.. but thats
probably because I have my hostname config down pretty solid in linux by now,
and I turned my firewall off in windows.

Thanx again,
Ryan