RE: Re[4]: DNS Resolver Issues

> but it have

> >> My /etc/nsswitch.conf.
> >> hosts line should say:
> >> hosts:      files dns
> >>
> >> But this not resolve my problem.
> JF> Ok...try this.
>
> JF> In /etc, check host.conf.  This file should say:
> JF> order hosts,bind
> JF> The "order hosts,bind" line doesn't need to be in the
> named.conf file.
> JF> host.conf is the resolver configuration file.  Do a man
> on host.conf as
> JF> there are a few options.
> JF> Add a host to /etc/hosts and try pinging it and see if it
> reads the IP
> JF> address in from /etc/hosts.  If it does, you are good to
> go.  After
> JF> changing the host.conf, you may have to restart named,
> JF> /etc/init.d/named restart
>
> JF> Let me know how it goes...
>
> Sorry, I make mistake in my first message.
> The "order hosts,bind" in host.conf, of course.
> But, If I pinging host from this file, all it Ok.
> and if I telnet host timeout is arise. After timeout telnet connect to
> host from /etc/hosts.
It sounds like it is going to the host file first(ping works).  When you
telnet, what IP address does it bring up?  It should say "Trying
xx.xx.xx.xx..." This should be the IP address in your hosts file.

Maybe someone else on the list can help as well.  I am unable to duplicate
the problem here.

JMF