Re: ssh, x forward works, but sound?? ;-)

--- Jim Christiansen <christiansen_j@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks to this list, I have one computer playing
> ogle by x forwarding from
> another on my network with a DVD player.  Very cool.

Yes, X forwarding can be very useful. :)

> Now the question...  How would I get the sound out
> of the remote computers
> speakers...? hehe

I would recommend a search on google for "network
sound" and see what that yields. I know there used to
be something developed that I used to see on
rufus.w3.org under the list of RPM's.... but I don't
remember the name of it. Alternatively, you could
search rpmfind.net by package to see if it's in the
categorized listing.

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>