Re: No xinerama in 8.0?? ;-(

On 9 Dec 2002, auzie morgan wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 20:03, Arend wrote:
>
> > You don't have to type that every time if you add this option to your
> > config:
> >
> > Section "ServerLayout"
> >         Identifier              "TripleHead"
> >         Screen                  "Right Screen" RightOf "Centre Screen"
> >         Screen                  "Left Screen" 0 0
> >         Screen                  "Centre Screen" RightOf "Left Screen"
> >         Option                  "xinerama"
> >         InputDevice             "IntelliMouse" "CorePointer"
> >         InputDevice             "IBMKeyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
> > EndSection
>
> Out of curiosity have any brave souls tried to get this to do tv out? /
> the mga_vid module for mplayer to go on this new build? I tried with the
> matrox drivers but had stability issues and couldn't get the mga module
> to accelerate dvd playback..
>
>  I know this is a bit high end, but I would love to stop rebooting into
> windows to playback DVD's n DivX files to the tv..
>
> G400 here..

Nope, my G450 has no TV out.

I've got a tuner daughter card hooked up to my ATI card though, and
xawtv works fine. It does require you to have its screen mentioned first
in the serverlayout. Hence my slightly out-of-order screens in the
serverlayout section. And of course the video will only show on that
screen.

I've never tried the TV-Out on the ATI card under linux, or under
windows for that matter.

--
Arend