Re[4]: (no subject)

Hello James,

Tuesday, December 10, 2002, 2:49:55 AM, you wrote:

>> JF> Edit /etc/nsswitch.conf.
>> JF> hosts line should say:
>> JF> hosts:      files dns
>> JF> If it is not there, add it.
>>
>> My /etc/nsswitch.conf.
>> hosts line should say:
>> hosts:      files dns
>>
>> But this not resolve my problem.
JF> Ok...try this.

JF> In /etc, check host.conf.  This file should say:
JF> order hosts,bind
JF> The "order hosts,bind" line doesn't need to be in the named.conf file.
JF> host.conf is the resolver configuration file.  Do a man on host.conf as
JF> there are a few options.
JF> Add a host to /etc/hosts and try pinging it and see if it reads the IP
JF> address in from /etc/hosts.  If it does, you are good to go.  After
JF> changing the host.conf, you may have to restart named,
JF> /etc/init.d/named restart

JF> Let me know how it goes...

Sorry, I make mistake in my first message.
The "order hosts,bind" in host.conf, of course.
But, If I pinging host from this file, all it Ok.
and if I telnet host timeout is arise. After timeout telnet connect to
host from /etc/hosts.

--
Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:eugene@delphin.marine.su