Lilo-partition table question

I asked this before but let me ask it again a different way.
There seems to be a lingering memory that the lilo documentation
used to refer to the fact that W2k (and/or WinNT) maintained an
alternate partition table for its own use. An a warning was issued
problems could arise if these two tables were different.
However, this statement has disappeared.

We have machines that seem to suffer from being in this condition
evidenced by the fact that fdisk, fdisk (dos) and partition magic
all agree that the linux partition is as it should be. However, the
W2k disk manager program reports that the linux partition is FAT 32.

Dose anyone have any further information on this matter especially
as to where this alternate partition table can be found?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.