Re: on buring cd

On 8 Dec 2002, David Eduardo Gomez Noguera wrote:

> > On 8 Dec 2002, Jonathan Gaudette wrote:
> Sure, I didnt put any info because
> I am fairly new to CD burning, and dont know what commands give me
> verbose information and other to try and guess what is wrong and
> I guessed I had the same simptoms and that they might be common.
>
> cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0  -data  cd_image

Hummmm, I do not see naything weird with the info you provided.
I use cdrecord -v --eject -dao dev=0,0,0 speed=8 but your command line should
work. Turns out I lied when I said my burner was an HP 7200 it is an HP 9100
but that should not matter.

Do you have to kill the process, does the machine lock or what?? Did you
try dropping to run level 3 and burning the cd from a tty command line?

Since I do not know how much horse power you have if it is an older machine
shutting down X sometimes helps. How long are you waiting??

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....