Re: on buring cd

On 8 Dec 2002, Jonathan Gaudette wrote:

> It could be a burner hardware problem, but probably not, as I have the
> EXACT same problem.  I have a Sony 24x Burner, and any time I attempt to
> burn a cd the system freezes.
>
> If you find the answer (or anyone else has it) _please_ share!!!

How about trying to troubleshoot the problem by telling us EXACTLY what you
are doing. Is there anything in the logs?? How do you recover the system??
What command line are you using?? what does cdrecord --scanbus show?
AFAIK you must do all of this as root. I have an HP CD-Writer+ 7200
and it works fine here but there are too many variables to try to T/S a problem
without more info.

> On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 11:25, David Eduardo Gomez Noguera wrote:
> > I am testing an HP CD-Writer+ 7200, and each time I try an write a CD it
> > has freezed the system.
> > It might be possible the unit is damaged, since its not mine and someone
> > gave it to me to test it. But I remember someone having a similar
> > problem, but I lost that thread. Anyone can help please?
> > Was it solved, and if so, what was the problem?

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....