Re: RHN Scheduled Action -- Missing Step?

> > I just activated Red Hat Update Agent and it is trying to complete the
> > download of updates that keep failing (been trying for two days) --
> Uhm, what do you mean with "keep failing"? Does the Red Hat Update
> Agent fail to download the packages completely? If so, that is
> a different problem than you have described previously.

I made reference to it in case that failure might explain this one.  It
did finally finish running and loading this afternoon.

There was one error.  As "Installing" was running at
/var/spool/up2date/xinetd-2.3.7-5.i386.rpm  I received the following
unfriendly popup:

fatal RPM error
Temporary failure in name resolution.

> > How might I toggle rhnsd on, please?
>
> rhnsd is a daemon (see "man rhnsd", where it is explained) which is
> togglable via "redhat-config-services" or on the command-line (
> "chkconfig rhnsd on", "chkconfig rhnsd off", "chkconfig --list
> rhnsd"). It is the client that polls RHN for queue actions.  You
> need to understand the different things you can do with RHN.

Ran "chkconfig rhnsd on" as root and got:

Bash: chkconfig: command not found.

> There are good docs on RHN here: https://rhn.redhat.com/help/

My experience with Linux documentation has been that while it is far
more voluminous than that for M$ it can be equally incoherent at moments.

I will take your experienced counsel and see if RedHat has slain the
docs-dragon ... time is my enemy these days ... I need functionality more
than the joy of discovery and the thrill of victory over compatibility-
challenged apps, kernels, and hardware.

Thanks for helping ... guess I am one of the high-maintenance geeks.

doc