Re: really exasperating cd burner issues

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 21:33, Matt Whiteley wrote:
> I have posted this before, and I have struggled with it and still cannot
> figure out a solution.  I have also posted to hardware newgroups and
> forums to no avail.  Basically if I burn an audio cd or rip from an
> audio cd my computer becomes unresponsive until that task is finished.

Audio disk can not (currently) use DMA.  That could be your problem, but
it sounds awful severe for that.  Is your CD drive on the same channel
as the fs you're reading/writing to?

My hard disks are hda, and hdb, CD drive is hdc and I don't have similar
issues when reading an audio CD.