Re: Networked laser printers that don't apparently support LPR

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 18:00, toby wrote:
> toby wrote:
> >

> Gad, I hate it when I read the original email fully _after_ I post a reply!
>
> I'm just saying that I have used the very same setup & it worked. If setting up
> jetdirct in printtool doesn't do the job, perhaps there's a problem with the
> jetdirect card? Does it have a TP & BNC ports? I've had the TP port go bad &
> resort to digging up thinnet-twistedpair conversion equipment to get it back
> online.
>
> Also, an old, small, headless PC could be hooked up through the parallel port &
> run the queue through that box.
----
Actually, this is the Network card that had the localtalk & ethertalk
interface and it does take a tcp/ip address either manually or via DHCP.

The referenced link didn't have much info except for one thing...it may
very well be that using the AppleShare IP Print Server is keeping it
from working from the linux box.

Hmmm...gonna have to try that.

Craig