Re: adaptec AIC7xxx revisted

Yep, I ran into it too. I gave up. I tried loading the driver off the
CD--there's an aic7xxx driver and an old_aic7xxx (or something like
that) there, but the installer would come back with no driver in the
found list. I tried putting the driver on diskette and telling the
installer I had drivers on a diskette to load. It looks like the system
won't let go of the boot floppy (don't have a bootable cd on that
one)--the drive light just stays on and the installer tells me that it
can't find the driver disk, even though I inserted it (multiple copies).

If you have better luck with it, I'd appreciate hearing what you did.

Thanks,
Joe Trent