Re: is it possible to make my camera on usb (dev/sda1) to automountwhen i plug it in?

I set up the automounter so when I plug in the camera I can just cd to that directory and it automatically mounts.

I make the timeout relatively short so that it unmounts quickly so I can then unplug the camera when I'm done downloading pictures.

This is my auto.master entry:

/misc /etc/auto.misc --timeout=30

And this is /etc/auto.misc:

camera -fstype=auto :/dev/sda1

This usually works fine with my Nikon Coolpix 775 but eventually USB gets messed up and it won't work until a reboot. I find that using a PCMCIA interface for the Compact Flash card with my laptop works MUCH more reliably and much faster.

The automounter configuration is pretty much the same.

Just make sure that your device does come up as /dev/sda1

Kent Nyberg wrote:
Is it possible to make it so that when i plug in my camera in the
usb-slot then it automounts?
Now i have to mount it (mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera) by hand. It would
be better if it automounts just like the cdroms does in gnome.

Have a nice day!
The camera is a Fuji finepix s602. It workes fine in Linux :) (well, i
can mount it. Dont know what more i would want to do)

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org                           http://www.drivingevents.com/