Re: serialconfig

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 12:06, Mike Mccabe wrote:
> I'm looking to install lirc on Redhat 8.0 and in order to use my
> serial port receiver (Packard Bell) I need to use setserial which is
> located in one of the redhat init scripts.  Does anyone know the
> location of the setserial configuration so I can assign that serial
> port to lirc.

$ man setserial

Did you read the man page yet?  If you can't find your answer there,
please let us know more about what you want to do.  setserial is a
program, which you run to setup additional serial ports (other than
COM1-4 which are initialize at boot) and can be run any time.  To add it
to your startup scripts, the man page recommends calling rc.serial from
/etc/rc.local

So, create a file /etc/rc.serial and put the commands that are necessary
in there.  Call this script from /etc/rc.local

Does that sound right?

-Ryan