Re: How much has RH8 gnome been nobbled?

Around about 02/12/2002 16:57, Havoc Pennington typed ...
It's cddb aware as far as I remember. The source code definitely
contains a lot of CDDB-related stuff. I feel almost sure I've seen it
magically come up with album titles.
I have to admit I didn't actually *try* it, I just went to the app's prefs. window and couldn't see it. Others have pointed out that gnome2 has [correctly] centralised these things. I'll check tonight.

It's metacity not sawfish. It does however have the "bind command to
key" feature, though you have to look under /apps/metacity in gconf-editor.
Ah, it's gconf-editor I want, then - OK, I'd found & figured out the gconf-config command-line jobby (I'd not come across this before).

Is it reasonably 'obvious' how to add metacity bindings? I may as well go with the flow on this and carry on using it, although sawfish is almost certainly more flexible, I've no great love for Lisp :-)

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature