Re: remote desktop

Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq wrote:

Starting vncserver doesn't start the "0" server, but the "1" one, thus,
the port it opens is "5901", not "5900", as I show it here:

Ahh, the perils of doing too many things at the same time... I hope the discrepancy didn't cost you too much time.

So, yes, I am able to connect remotely to the computer, but I am unable
to continue the session already in there (via console), not the vnc
session, but the one which I was working before.

I don't think there is a way to do so. You have to plan ahead. Since I'm still doing a lot of root level experimentation on my 8.0 install, so I login as root, and then run

su - apeery -c "vncserver -geometry 1200x900"
vncviewer

Skipping the first line if the I already have a session running. You can then log in and out on the console, and connect to a resumable session. You can also use ssh tunnelling to log into the box, and connect with the same VNC session.

Why 1200x900? I can display this resolution from all the places I am connecting right now, without going full screen.

Alan

Any idea?

Thank you again for your help.

Alex.