Re: RealPlugin

--- Jay Turner <jkt@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 07:41:49AM -0800, Mel Seder wrote:
> > I copied the following two files is there anything else I have to
> do to
> > get RealPlayer working with Mozilla? Do you know of a site I can
> try
> > the  Realplayer on? I was late in following the threads.
> >
> > su -c "cp /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/rpnp.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/"
> > su -c "cp /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/raclass.zip
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/"
>
> That should do it.  You might want to restart mozilla, just to force
> the
> reload of the plugins, but after that, you can hit http://www.npr.org
> . . .
> they have streaming feeds in RealAudio format which will tell you if
> things
> are working as they should be.
>
> - jkt

Yep,  it works just fine.  I've wanted to get RealPlayer working as a
plugin in my browser for a long time now.  Thanks for your help :-)

=====
Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.
John Keats