Re: Walk thru for cups

>Message: 16 To: psyche-list@redhat.com
> Subject: Re: Walk thru for cups
> From: Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:19:36 -0800

<snip>

>Where I'm stubling around is filling the input boxes on the web
>interface. Maybe I should mention that my printer is one of those
>all in one machines fax, print, copy, scan. It's an
>HP Deskjet D145 and is hooked up vie USB.

>[REPEAT - Hooked up vie USB cable (Is this a likely problem?)]

OK! I replied to an earlier post with some very trivial data from a book, before I got down to this message. I think you may have two (2) problems:

(a) the printer is a multi function device and
(b) it is on a USB port (hopefully you can get that working OK)

The best suggestions I have for you now are to check out the HP web site and *hope* that they have Linux support for your Deskjet D145. At least printing support. I won a Compaq box in September and when I went to the HP web site, I found they have a lot more Linux stuff than many of their competitors. In fact, the box I won comes standard with Linux and Windows is optional here in Colombia.

Also, look at the Linux Printing web site:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/

HTH, Lanny in Cali, Colombia