From: Josep M. [mailto:websurfer@navegants.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 6:56 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: Creating Bootable Installation CD

Hello.

Did you checked md5 sum after download? If is ok and You burned well the
cd1 is bootable.

Josep

Begin of Quote Arjun Karkal Prabhu :

>hi all,
>
>can anyone tell me how to create a bootable Installation CD ?
>(i have the RH 8 cd 1 with me, which is not bootable..)
>

>Any help / pointers would be of great help.
>

>regards,
>Arjun

create a boot disk (floppy), and installed RH 8 on my machine

>Now, what i would like to do is, i would like to create a BOOTABLE
INSTALLATION CD (DISK 1)
>I tried giving the following command :
>
># mkisofs -o rh8img.iso -b /mnt/cdrom/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
isolinux/boot.cat  -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R
-J -V -T /mnt/cdrom/