Re: Solved: Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into Mozilla

>Message: 9
>Subject: Re: Solved: Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into >Mozilla
>From: Neil Loffhagen <neil@c-w-services.co.uk>
>Date: 22 Nov 2002 12:19:05 +0000

>I must admit to liking Evolution. Have been using it for a month or so
>now. Started with the Evolution that came with the RH8 distribution,
>which I did find rather cumbersome. But since putting on 1.2 have >found
>the speed and so on much better. Coming from a Windows background
>having used Outlook for so long, am used to having the calender, tasks,
>and mail all in one place.

Hi Neil: I never used MS Outlook (have a license for Outlook 97), so I'm not coming from that background. I did use MS Outlook Express for several years, which from a *security* viewpoint was a big risk that I regret taking. I *wanted* to use Evolution for my e-mail client, when I installed Psyche, but the problem I had with the drop down menu not working for "Copy" and "Paste" into new windows didn't help and I didn't see that version of Evolution being easy to configure,if it is at all configurable, for Privacy and Security, like Mozilla 1.0.1, which is far from perfect. I'm sure the next versions of both will be improved.

>Still a couple of things I long for. One being delivery and read
>receipts. Miss that a lot. Going to Mozilla mail would be good for
>that. But the question then is could I get my Evolution mail into
>Mozilla, so all mail is in one place rather than spread across two mail
>platforms.

Warren's IMAP Server procedure for that probably is the easiest, but I haven't tried it yet.

>I'm really getting into Linux now.

Me too. After not doing much with it,until Psyche, it is now the platform we most often boot into. I'm beginning to understand a little about what goes on beneath the Desktop, which is UNIX and has a long and steep "Learning Curve".

> After a couple of months playing am
>getting used to installing extra software. Am installing Quanta at the
>moment, a web page design tool. If it does what it says it'll be great
>for building web pages.

Please report back to the list about Quanta. One of our 2 MS Apps is "FrontPage 2000", which we use for our web sites. The other of course is "Office".

>The only other thing I've not been able to fully succeed in, is being
>able to play Windows Media player asp & asx format videos and sound
>files, from web sites.

I haven't tried that yet. In fact this box is the only one without Integrated Sound and it's the only one that has no sound. It has a Turtle Beach Montego II card with an Aureal chip not supported. :-)

>Thanks for your help.

If I've helped you at all, I'm delighted. :-) I've learned a lot from the book, "Red Hat Linux 7.3 Bible" and should receive the new version for Psyche in 7-10 days. My 2nd book about Linux was "Running Linux, 3rd edition", which is a classic, but it is tough reading for a Newbie.

Lanny