RE: Installation and partition questions

>Message: 16
>Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:05:54 +0800
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>From: Stephen Liu <satimis@writeme.com>
>Subject: Installation and partition questions

<snip>

>The partition table on /tmp/hda is inconsistent. There are many >reasons
>why this might be the case. Often, the reason is that Linux detected >the BIOS geometry incorrect. However, this does not appear to be the >case here. It is safe to ignore, but ignoring may (fixable) problems >with some boot loaders, and may cause problems with FAT file systems, >using LBA in recommended.
>[ignore] [cancel]

>(Remark: Selecting either 1) or 3) had the same result)

Stephen: I've seen that message, on 1 or more of our dual boot boxes. As it says, you can ignore it, but when you do the GRUB configuration during the installation, you should select "Advanced" and then enable LBA. Then, you can boot Linux from above cylinder 1024.

Our 3 dual boot systems are all booting properly, into MS Windows 98SE/ME or Psyche, from the GRUB graphic screen.

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America