Re: Pros Only! RH8.0 and PHP Bug. Might have found the problem.

One thing the RedHat tech said. (Yes I have a bug in bugzilla as while I
am talking with you guys.) He said that he was able to recreate the
problem. Here is what he had to say:

Ah ha. I bet you are rebuilding the SRPM as a user, rather than as root?
The bug is that the search path isn't being traversed correctly; the
configure script is actually only looking in $PATH for the sendmail
binary. (this is a bug, it is programmed to look in /usr/sbin and a few other places too, but the
correct code isn't being genereated)

Additional comment by joel@webbgroup.net on 2002-11-22 09:56:29

I am doing everything as root. Or should I say as su-root not reloggin in
as the root user. But then again, that is a bad habit of constructing
everything by loggin is as root all the time.

The only way I was able to force it to work. To put this in the spec file
above the listing. We will see how far we get.

# Put the sendmail directory in
#
#
#
PROG_SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin": export PROG_SENDMAIL

--
Respectfully,
Joel Webb