Re: mutt newbie

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:55:01PM +0700, David Sudjiman wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I just tried my mutt yesterday. I know I should get into the .muttrc
> file to get it working.
>
> Ok I can get my email, but I can't send it back.. I was trying to find
> the smtp server parameter but there wasn't any.. or I should do in other
> way?

If you run an MTA in your system, mutt will use it to send e-mail. If
you need to use another MTA to send your email, configure your MTA to
use this second system as a smarthost. Check the config files for
sendmail or postfix. In both there are comments in the relevant places.

> Oya, how can I use email filtering and put it on certain folders like I
> was using kmail

Mutt does not filter itself. You can use procmail to do the filtering
and instruct mutt about which folders to check.

Cheers,
--
Javier Gostling
Ingeniero de Sistemas