Re: A thought about psyche

It is more than the "masses." We have over 850 users on-line here in our company and
the re-training costs shifting to a linux desktop are very large. In this way,
RedHat *is* moving in the right direction by trying to give us a desktop which
will require minimal re-training for companies like ours. Redhat 8.0 is a glimmer
(maybe more than a glimmer) of what a "Windows" killer might be, but it isn't there,
yet.

We have a business to run, and we want our technology to support the operation of
the business, do it securely, and to be as *invisible* as possible. Currently, like
it or not, Windows is still a good choice, but it is getting too expensive and too
resource hungry especially in the time it takes to manage the desktops. But if RedHat
continues to provide focus and resources to the desktop Windows is in big trouble
over the long run.

Charles Johnson
Manager, IS Applications
Phone: 463-6527