RH8.0 thoughts

I've been reading the posts, so here's my take on things...x 2 (I need to get a mail server going, because this message dissapeared from the list...dumb hotmail)

Perhaps RH8.0 was released a little too soon. Maybe it should have been null2.

However...

The font management is very well done.

I'm ripping and playing dvds, printing to photo copiers on the other side of the world, doing dns, running proxy/caching RH8 boxes, using our digital camera and scanner, enjoying the new look (although my desktop and display manager is KDE), loving both OpenOff and StarOffice6 (just trying), still using vnc (without editing xstartup - cool), using many tars and rpms, using FlightGear, using lm_sensors out of the box with gkrellm, and just having a good plain old experience.

I'm grateful for the effort of many, and for my cable connection...

My kernel up2dating worked, and hey, I haven't paid a cent... just amazing.

Thanks all,

Jim