Re: Solved: Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into Mozilla

 Re: Solved:  Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages  into Mozilla Mail
 1.0.1

 >Message: 4
 >Subject: Re: Solved:  Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into
 >Mozilla
 >	Mail 1.0.1 into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1
 >From: Neil Loffhagen <neil@c-w-services.co.uk>
 >Date: 20 Nov 2002 09:00:46 +0000

 >This thread has been a great help to me as well.

I am very glad to hear that.   :-)

<snip>

 >though I'd really like to import the mail that is
 >now in mozilla into Evolution 1.2, but I can't see that it's possible?

Neil: Before you make a decision to use Evolution for your e-mail
client, I suggest you take it for a "test ride", as I did, with this
e-mail account. As I recall, I was unable to "copy" messages from the
Digest version of this Mailing List, and "paste" them into a Compose
window, by using the drop down "Edit" menu.  Also, I believe Mozilla
Mail 1.0.1 is much more configurable, for Security & Privacy purposes.
What I do not like about Mozilla Mail 1.0.1 is that: (1) There's no
Spell Checker Plug In available at this time that is stable and (2) I
have not been able to move messages to different folders, by drag and
drop or menus at this time. I looked at Evolution first, because I have
a lot of respect for the people at Red Hat and the time they spent
testing the various e-mail clients available, but I will probably stay
with the Mozilla browser and e-mail client in Psyche.

 >As has been suggested, guess I'll have to set up an imap server for
 >this?  Unless anyone knows any other way round it?

Warren's method sounds pretty slick to me. I will try it some day when
my wife's machine is idle and I have some spare time.

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America