Re: Solved: Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into MozillaMail 1.0.1 into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1 into Evolution 1.2

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 09:00, Neil Loffhagen wrote:
> This thread has been a great help to me as well.  By doing the steps
> below, (though only copied folder 1 and 2, not 3 over) have finally got
> my mail off my Windows box onto RH8.  At least now I can reply to my old
> emails from mozilla, though I'd really like to import the mail that is
> now in mozilla into Evolution 1.2, but I can't see that it's possible?
> As has been suggested, guess I'll have to set up an imap server for
> this?  Unless anyone knows any other way round it?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Neil.

With your mail safely in Mozilla on Linux in a location along the lines
of:
~/.mozilla/Default/g37e59u6.slt/Mail/172.20.6.193/Inbox

In evolution rather than the Import option go to create a new mail
account.

        In receiving options choose Standard UNIX mailbox spool

        Browse to find your version of the Inbox (or whatever folder) as
        above.

        Send and Receive

That's all you need, although I'd take a backup of your ~/.mozilla just
in case it makes a mess of it all.
I'd suspected it might have been that simple as that- but finally tried
got around to trying it out.

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk